Sunday, March 14, 2010

The End of Week One

So its Sunday nite and we have ended Week One in St Petes. I am pretty exhausted, and we dont even have Brody Marat yet in our apartment...uh oh?

We got to see him a few times last week and he is doing as well as can be expected, considering he has a cold, is teething, and doesnt know why some crazy American couple keeps staring at him, making him do "baby tricks" and only visits for an hour a day. The one thing I will say is that he now officially looks like an orphan. Now that our adoption is legal, the baby home doesnt dress him in his "sunday best" anymore. Purple tights, green open toed shoes, blue plaid "shorts sets"...I could go on and on. From what I understand, we get to keep the outfit that he is in the day we pick him up, as long as we replace it with a new donated outfit. I will absolutely be doing that...talk about a keepsake!

We also FINALLY got some sightseeing in...Peter and Paul Fortress, Church of the Spilled Blood, some WWI Russian battleship. Very interesting, I post pics soon, I promise.

Many emotions, stress, excitement, happy, sad. But overall, a very succesful and quick week has ended. Two more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment