Friday, March 26, 2010

Becoming a parent

.....Is the hardest thing I ever did in my life. Now granted, I had some rough times in my life, but havent we all? But this? Wow, no comparison.

And yet, Brody Marat Cargill, is doing exceptionally well. For a little boy who barely knows us and is living out of a hotel apartment, he is laughing and hugging and playing and eating. He is also crying and moody, but can you blame him? I too, am crying and very moody.

I know that this blog is from both me and Scott, but I am sure most of you know that I am the one writing it. So its fair for me to say that Scott is amazing. My husband is the funniest, most patient man I ever have met. Brody is still warming up to Scott, as he isnt very used to being around men, but Scott has made him laugh and fed him and hugged him and its all slowly working. Scott always says that we are a "team" in this adventure, and he is absolutely right....we have been a team every step of the way.

We are on our way to Moscow on Sunday. In Moscow, we have to get Brody Marat's Visa to enter the United States and then have an interview at the US embassy. We leave Russia on Wednesday.

Almost home, almost home, almost home. I am clicking my heels three times and shutting my eyes.

We are almost home.

No comments:

Post a Comment