Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And so the journey almost ends

Today, we visited the US embassy in Moscow one last time and we got Brody Marat's visa to enter the United States. When we walked in that embassy, I felt like we were almost home and got so emotional. There were 4 or 5 other families there, getting their children's visas as well. We also got the chance to visit Red Square and see the Kremlin. Wow, we really are in Russia!

We also found out that one of the subways that was bombed yesterday was a 5 minute walk from our hotel. I cant even process that right now. I can barely process much of anything at this point. All I know is that it appears that we are coming close to the end of our long journey.

Tomorrow, we fly home. Direct flight from Moscow-JFK/NYC. Needless to say, as amazing and resilient as Brody Marat has been throughout this whole ordeal, I cant imagine tomorrow will be easy on any of us. 11 hour flight.

I dont know what I will do when we arrive home. Will I continue this blog? I doubt it. But I promise to write one last time, when we finally and permanently bring Marat home.

Talk to you again from the US.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are safe!

    One journey almost over....
    another one ready to begin.

    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete